About the Author
Dr. Prateep V Philip
Dr. Prateep V Philip (born 9th September, 1961) started as a banker and presently he serves as a senior officer in Indian Police Service (IPS), a Visionary, Ideator, Life and Executive Coach, Strategic Thinker, Thought Leader, Author of four books and still counting, Record holder for maximum original quotes (3333) authored by a single author or thinker in any language globally and historically, 33 years of experience as a senior police officer, Founder of Friends of Police world-wide, Excenomics, Equilibrium Thinking, Trainer, Orator, Public speaker, Winner of Queen’s Award for Innovation, 2002 and British Chevening Gurukul Scholarship for Excellence and Leadership.
EQUILIBRIUM THINKING with Dr. Prateep V Philip
Created the concept, framework and technique of Equilibrium Thinking – a new thinking for the millennium which combines age old universal values relevant to modern living. The objectives of ET are self-realisation, self-development, stress-management, self-awareness, management of anger, aggression and the management of self for happiness and excellence.
Conducted Equilibrium Thinking Workshops and presentations at:
- The Press Club, Chennai.
- IIT, Chennai
- Southern Conferences of the National Institute of Personnel Management, Chennai and Trivandrum.
- Chennai Institute of Management.
- Jain School, Sowcarpet.
- ChinmayaVidyalaya (for Teachers), Virugambakkam.
- Sathyabhama Engineering college MBA Students,
- The Hindu Office.
- International Youth Co-ordinators symposium
- Madras Management Association (MMA).
- INDO NATIONAL
- MRL, Manali
- Sundaram Hospital – Ten workshops for all staff.
- Association of British Scholars.
- British council Staff.
- Thomas College, Koyambedu.
- Sastra University at Thanjavur.
- Faculty Dept. Seminar IBS, Chennai & Bangalore.
- ICFAI Books, Hyderabad.
- ICFAI MBA Students.
- 2 lakh students in colleges and schools across all districts of TN were taught ET by trainers trained by me
- 1.5 million people in 35000 villages of TN were taught ET with my audio CD as a resource by trainers trained by me
- Spoken as resource person at hundreds of schools and colleges over past 22 years
- 50,000 volunteer FOPs including hundreds of students and 50,000 police personnel taught in FOP multimedia Training workshops across the state.
- Lakhs of students and public have heard presentations on ET made on several TV channels
- Video conference for all development centers in India of Infosys
- Association of British Alumni and several other organizations like Madras Management Association, Ahmedabad Management Association, Association of Applied Psychology etc.
- Friends of Police Movement – Texas Police Journal 1995.
- Friends of Police Movement – Law and Order Management Magazine, USA 1996.
- Friends of Police Concept – The Police Journal, UK 1996.
- Friends of Police Movement – The Criminal Justice, Europe.
- An Innovative Concept to Sensitise Police Personnel – Texas Police Journal.
- An Innovative Concept to Sensitise Police Personnel – Australian Police Journal.
- Friends of Police Concept – National Police Academy Journal.
- The friends of Police Movement – National Journal of Criminology
- Friends of Police who help build bridges – “The Hindu” National Daily.
- Articles on Friends of Police as an Innovative concept also published in the
- CRPF Journal, Surakshe, AP Police, Journal, The Police Journal BPR&D, CBI Bulletin.
- Articles on State Assurance – Insurance chronicle, all India duty meet souvenir – 2007.
- 20 articles published in leading dailies.
- Articles on Factor X – An Innovative Security concept – published in the Police Journal, UK, The Texas Police Journal
- Excenomics, University News.
- Column – regular article in Quarterly Digital Content Journal.
- A Holistic Theory of Existence – Aim EXPLORE.
- Presented a paper at the Indian Police Science Congress.
- Presented a paper at the National Criminological Conference, Bangalore, 1996.
- Presented a paper at the International Conference on Rights of Prisoners Ramachandra Medical University.
- Invited to present two papers at the International Conference on Policing held in Slovenia, Europe in November.
- Invited to be resource person and key speaker at the International Seminar on Human Rights, hosted by the British Council and the Human Rights Commission.
- Addressed Ryan International Education Summit, 2008.
- Invited to global innovators’ summit by Harvard University, USA.
- Action Research Paper – Social Justice Tea Parties in Tamil Nadu – All India Criminological Congress.
RELEVANT TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Lord Scarman Centre, Leicester, UK
- The Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, UK.
- The Anna Institute of Management, Chennai.
- The National Police Academy, Hyderabad.
- The State Police Training College, Chennai.
- ICFAI Business School.
Research into the impact of the Friends of Police Movement in Tamil Nadu.
Other key roles –
- Group Leader of Prime Minister’s National Micro Mission.
- President of IPS Officers’ Association, Tamil Nadu Chapter.
Place of Birth: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Education: M.A (Political Science), Bangalore University;
Ph.D. (Management), Madurai Kamaraj University
Alma mater: St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore
- London School of Economics, London
- Madurai Kamaraj University
- President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service, 2003
- President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service, 2013
- Received Silver Plaque and Commendation from the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu 2002.
- Awarded the prestigious 15000 Pound Sterling inaugural Queen’s Award for Innovation in Police Training and Development from the UK in 2002.
- Received Inaugural British GurukulChevening Scholarship award for Excellence and Leadership in 1997-98. First Civil servant and the only IPS officer in India shortlisted after 2 interviews for this award. Led a team of 12 scholars to the London School of Economics.
- Awarded Rashtriya Suraksha Award by the President of India at Global Security Conference, New Delhi.
- Nominated for the International Innovator’s Award of Ash Institute, John F.Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
- Friends of Police (FOP) – Founder Director of FOP.
- Equilibrium Thinking – a thought process in the history to reinforce positive thinking and to overcome negative thoughts simultaneously.
- Excenomics – Founder of excenomics, first subject in the history to study worldwide on interdisciplinary discipline.
- A movement in Community Policing and a concept for empowerment hosted by National Criminal Justice Reference USA.
- An International Blue print for Community Policing hosted by IOCJ University of Illinois, USA.
More about Dr.Prateep V Philip
Lakhs of private security personnel to act as partners with police as Friends of Police. Addressed the Global Security Conference in Delhi in this regard in which the Minister of State for Home unveiled the plaque announcing the tie-up.
Conceived and developed a brand new global interdisciplinary discipline Excenomics to re-invent management, Economics and Capitalism. The idea is rated consistently in the top five out of hundreds of ideas posted by CEOs and Managers of Corporations and academics from around the globe on www.managementexchange.com, a portal supported by 16 national and international major players.
- The Friends of Police Movement: a road map for Proactive People Protection”. (2006, ICFAI Books)
- Edited a Compendium of Essays, “Whither Police Reform in India?” and a Compendium of Essays on Terrorism.
- Training Manual for Friends of Police.
- Queen’s Award Final Report.
- For better through verse – Available in Amazon Kindle – forbetterthroughverse.com
- National Talent Search Scholarship (1980)
- National Merit Scholarship (1983)
- British GurukulChevening Scholarship for Excellence and Leadership (1997-1998 )
- FRIENDS OF POLICE – FOP
- Factor X
- Equilibrium Thinking
Online Citations about Dr. Prateep V Philip –